LBBC Technologies is a fifth generation, family, advanced engineering business and the market leader in the design, supply and support of industrial autoclave based processing equipment into niche global markets, predominantly, the aerospace market.
You’ll be joining a family owned, well established, company business with a positive, professional and welcoming culture.
Please find below positions available at our Pudsey office in Leeds. To apply, please send across your CV and a brief covering letter to Kirsty Oliver at [email protected]. Job descriptions are available on request.
The purpose of a Design Engineer is to work with the Engineering Managers and other engineers as appropriate to develop market leading products, which meet quality, legislative and customer requirements, thus helping us achieve our strategic goals of engineering excellence and supplying market leading products.
• The development and production of design information for new market leading products and product ranges which meet market and compliance requirements as detailed in project briefs.
• The development of opportunities to generate intellectual property and maintain current IP.
• The further development and maintenance of internal design related processes.
• The development of processes to facilitate managed, continuous, product improvement.
• The development and maintenance of structured, formal design information and management systems, which integrate with other related disciplines, facilitating the manufacture and supply of new products and equipment. (Using Solidworks and PDM Works as the predominant software)
• To liaise with all engineering disciplines to ensure the best engineering solutions are adopted.
• Following launch of a product for mainstream production, the control and development of standard upgrade options for the product/product type.
• To liaise with all disciplines to create and/or contribute to the creation of information for other areas of the LBBC business.
• To share and explain solutions to complex engineering problems within LBBC.
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualifications and experience.
• High SolidWorks competencies.
• High AutoCAD competencies.
• High numeracy competencies.
• Sound knowledge of Project Management processes and procedures.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Sound knowledge of European Directives and CE Marking.
• Sound knowledge of ASME and pressure equipment in North America.
• Good working knowledge of design and manufacturing codes and standards.
• To have a proactive approach to challenges set out by engineering and business problems.
• To have the ability to manage time, both one’s own and others.
• To have the ability to negotiate priorities and exercise self-discipline.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Kyle Pickles, Principal Mechanical Engineer on [email protected]
Strictly no agencies please.